This week I played around with bitid, a authentication protocol using the same security key-pairs as Bitcoins, on it’s way to be implemented in common bitcoin-wallet-apps.
I writen a wordpress-plugin that using this protocol, as you can se by the QR code at https://blog.puggan.se/wp/wp-login.php .
Unless I turn on pin-code-settings on my wallet-app, the only thing i need to do to login, is to start the qr-scaner on the phone, and scan that qr code, and walla, I’m logged in to the site.
For more information:
* BitID-protocol: https://github.com/bitid/bitid
* php-exemple: https://github.com/conejoninja/bitid-php
* wordpress plugin: https://github.com/puggan/bitid-php
* * Mycelium (Ops only in Testnet-version so far): https://play.google.com/…mycelium.testnetwallet
* * fork of schildbach-wallet (source-code only) https://github.com/bitid/bitcoin-wallet
Written by Puggan, 2014-07-05 23:39:34 CET (+0100)